Sunday, November 23, 2008

Better and Better

I feel morally responsible to brag about the fact that I went to temple that is only open one day a year. It wasn't that fun, I didn't intend to visit it anyhow, and Mere took more pictures of it than I though humanly possible - but nonetheless, I've been to a temple that you probably haven't been to and I wanted you to know that. This temple is on a little pool in the middle of Kathmandu - if you live here you probably have seen it and thought "that's pretty" and then promptly moved on to more important things. Here's one of millions of shots Mere took:



The most interesting part of being at this temple were the Cool Nepali girls giving tikas. I assumed that you needed to be ordained or at least sanctioned in same way by Hindu priests to give out tikas - but I doubt these Cool girls had been authorized by anyone. Nonetheless, they seemed to having fun and making money.



Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

BeckDietGroup said...

Why didn't you take me to the cool temple that's only open one day a year?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kids,
This is Julie that you met outside Bhat Bhatteini supermarket. Hope you had a great Turkey Day. I was on a bus on the way home from Pokhara...with food poisoning. Not only did I not eat turkey on T'Day, I didn't eat ANYTHING! snarl.
My email is jhwest@clintonschool.uasys.edu and my mobile is 9841185025. See you.
Also, do you have Sarah's contact info?

Served Cold said...

hi julie, i tried emailng you but it got returned to me without getting delivered. email me at white.lauren@gmail.com and i'll give you saras information!

good to hear from yoU!!