Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birthday - Nepali Style

I spent number 26 in Kathmandu.

Too bad I'm still recovering from my first Nepali sickness because supposedly Meredith was planning the biggest birthday bash ever for me. Since we were still sick, she did this second biggest birthday bash:

Cooked me french toast with fruit compote.
Gave me a ring. (How many parents had heart-attacks from that sentence?)
Promised me a trip to Pokhara.
Took me to dinner at our favorite nearby restaurant at the Hotel Himalaya.

I love the Hotel Himalaya. They serve awesome American/Nepali buffets. The waiter said I was "very handsome gentlemen" and my birthday was complete. Meredith and I love to play the game where we guess what kind of people stay at this hotel, because it's really inconvenient to get to and far from any touristy things to do. The last time we went there just for dessert, and this mid 20's American remarked that we looked too young to be able to afford "this place." I can think of so many responses to that statement now, all of which I did not say at the time.

I swear things will get more interesting on this blog once I am not stuck in my apartment pretending to live.

At least this guy knows what's up:

1 comment:

The One Who Didn't Live There said...

Happy Birthday!! Late, I know. But still. Hope it was nice. Food sounds delicious.

Love,
Ali